Hiring Department: Housing
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $38,000+/year, Full-time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: 8:00AM – 4:30PM; Monday-Friday
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Qualifed internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Account Tech is responsible for billing to various groups, accounts payable processing, reconciliations, update procedures, record retention, and telecommunications counselor. Record retention duties. Assist with preparation of UBIT report. Track contracts and leases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile daily revenue and expense postings and audit transactions for accuracy.
- Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies.
- Reconcile deposits.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of transactions and maintain accurate records and control reports.
- Reconcile THD/Touchnet fees, Residence Hall and Apartment Applications and Guest Housing.
- Reconcile Telecommunications billing.
Billing and Financial Analysis (15%)
- Responsible for activities related to billing special groups, camps and conference housing, garage, and other accounts.
- Manage accounts receivable reports and activities, coordinate follow-up inquiries from staff, students, and customers.
- Create financial reports relating to account receivable function and status of accounts.
- Reconcile rate tables in billing software to ensure rates match published rates.
- Prepare rate books.
- Assist in preparation of UBIT Report.
- Audits methods and procedures of billing and accounts receivable function to improve efficiency.
- Prepare monthly analysis of maintenance and utility costs.
- Compile data based on statistical studies and analysis of past and current year to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
Accounts Payable (55%)
- Gather and prepare receipts, (follow up with staff on missing receipts),invoices, payment requests and statements from vendors, code and record transaction via excel and imaging system and prepare for processing payments.
- Gather receipts and payment requests, compare to purchasing card statements, (follow up with staff on missing receipts) and documentation and prepare for processing payments.
- Review documentation with Director of Finance.
- Ensure vouchers and payment card statements are processed correctly and timely.
- Ensure that campus and State Board of Education policies are followed.
Records Management (5%)
- Serve as the department’s primary Records Manager and coordinate records retention process (digital and paper).
- Supervise and confirm the disposal of records in accordance with University approved schedules and guidelines for confidential and non-confidential records.
- Maintain forms inventory.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of accounting processes and procedures assuring compliance with the University.
- Perceptive Content Liaison.
- Review monthly lists and verify users for Perceptive Content.
- Submit user requests for Perceptive Content.
- Serve as liaison with NDUS document imaging team.
General Duties (10%)
- Assist in maintaining contracts, lease documentation, and schedules.
- Telephone counselor for Housing; review charges for accuracy.
- Backup for HR Specialist.
- Serve as a resource for Housing staff on financial procedure matters; train staff in applicable policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serve as a liaison with Payment and Procurement Services.
- Work with Students Auditors on assignments.
- Send copyright violation notices to students.
- Address calls from staff, vendors, co-workers, and University personnel in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Serve as a resource and provide accurate information and referrals; follow up as necessary to resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to independently perform work requiring complex technical and analytical skills without supervision.
- Ability to effectively interact with and provide service to a diverse population
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Two years’ experience with financial/accounting management (monitoring, planning, and organizing financial resources)
- Proficient with general accounting software and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must submit a cover letter specific to this position and resume
- Successful completion of a Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.