Head Coach - Men's Golf
Hiring Department: Athletic Department, Men's Golf Program
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $39,000 annual / Benefited, Exempt, Full-time. This position has approved funding through June 30, 2021.
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
To develop, promote, and supervise all facets of the University’s Division I men's golf program while abiding by the rules and regulations of the NCAA, University of North Dakota and the conference.
This position’s responsibilities could include, but not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive instruction to the team that includes teaching proper skills and techniques,
- Provide support and encouragement to promote the physical and mental well-being of the student-athletes and ensure the assistant coaches are doing the same
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes
- Game preparation and development of a competitive program within the conference,
- Practice/game management,
- Analyze game film/scout opponents
- Academic success and supervision of student-athletes,
- Monitoring of social media for student-athletes,
- Perform budget development and demonstrate fiscal management, adhere to all budget parameters and mandates and support all related policies,
- Assist with fundraising and community service,
- Advising/mentoring as appropriate,.
- Other organizational and administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Sport Supervisor
- Must have an effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni and general public
- Must possess excellen verball and written communication skills and have strong organization skills
- Ability to develop a competitive NCAA Division I program
- Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations
- Must have commitment to the academic success of student-athletes
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes including having a valid driver's license
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Member of P.G.A of America (Must provide evidence with application matierals.)
- Previous experience with golf coaching and/or college recruiting OR previous collegiate golf experience as a student-athlete
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- PGA card
- Master's degree or advanced degree
- Experience playing Division I golf
- Experience as a collegiate head coach
- Experience as a collegiate assistant coach
- Experience as a professional competitive golfer
- Experience as a golf club teaching professional for 5 years
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.