Building Services Technician Supervisor
Hiring Department: Facilities Management
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $32,000.00 a year, Full Time, Benefitted, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Sunday - Friday 10:30 pm - 7 am; Schedule may vary, as needed Subject to call-backs 24/7
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Qualified internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: The Full Position Description is attached to this posting in the bottom right had corner.
- Teaching and training the duties of a regular Building Services Technician, will be responsible for supervising manual work required for cleaning, upkeep and maintenance of building.
- Organize cleaning schedules and assign work.
- Ensure areas that are short staffed are covered, by reassigning, readjust the work of others or performing the work when necessary.
- Ensure staff use correct and safe procedures to complete duties and respond to work-related injuries promptly.
- Assist in communication of Policies and Procedures to staff.
- Complete staff evaluations and building inspections.
- Approve/Disapprove staff requests for leave.
- Keep records of leave used by staff.
- Keep accurate documentation on staff and provide corrective/disciplinary action as needed.
- Verify and approve timecards, daily work and labor in Famis for accuracy in a timely manner.
- Instruct employees in the proper methods and equipment to be used in the performance of their work.
- Inspect the work of subordinates to ensure proper cleaning standards are met and maintained.
- Provide ongoing training for all employees as needed.
- Order cleaning supplies using Famis Issue Requests.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for non-stock purchases.
- Assist the Executive Building Services Manager with other duties as assigned
- Instruct on proper and safe practices for all cleaning supplies & equipment, to include floor scrubbers, buffers, and vacuum cleaners.
- Complete the Building Service Technician Employee Checklist ensuring all areas are initialed.
- Assist with harassment training and other web-based employment requirements.
- Order uniforms and keys as needed for new staff.
- Responsible for entering labor hours in our computerized program, FAMIS.
- Will submit supply requests and work orders.
- Responsible for submitting timely leave requests to management.
- Responsible for checking and reading University email account on a regular basis.
- Must follow University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for University keys.
- May be required to use a University issued cell phone.
- Responsible in assisting supervising students.
- Will have considerable knowledge of materials, equipment, and methods used in the cleaning and upkeep of buildings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All duties are essential.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Three years custodial experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience in custodial setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience working with FAMIS.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.