Account Technician-UND Aerospace/Fiscal Affairs
Hiring Department: UND Aerospace - Dean's Office/Fiscal Affairs
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $39,000+/year, Full-Time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM central time, on the closing date.
Position Details: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
This position is to provide accounting and budgeting services to departments within Aerospace.
The Account Technician position within the Fiscal Affairs/Dean’s Office department at the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences will be responsible for processing and maintaining invoices, purchase orders and accounts payable for Aviation Maintenance Facilities, Publications, and Flight Operations Departments in accordance with University policies and procedures. Reconciling vendor statements to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner. Maintaining of UND Aerospace fuel ordering and payment processing; including bulk fuel purchases and fuel credit cards for individual aircraft, and accurate payment of both. Maintaining the filing system for contracts, bids, RFPs for Flight Operations. Assisting and advising students and parents regarding aviation flight course costs. Working with Financial Aid to provide estimated course completion costs and ensure aid is being received.
- Maintains the UND Aerospace fuel system
- Review all incoming fuel slips received from the airport for accuracy and required information.
- File fuel slips by vendor.
- Reconcile vendor billings with fuel slips on a monthly basis.
- Prepares request for payments, purchase orders, and confirmation purchase orders (as necessary) to pay vendors.
- Enters fuel gallon amounts and notes on vendor bill.
- Order bulk fuel from vendors.
- Maintains accurate loge of fuel prices.
- Miscellaneous charges billed to student
- Reviews fuel charge slips for miscellaneous charges such as tie down fee, landing fees, maintenance, etc.
- Bills to appropriate student or department via AIMS computer program.
- Federal and State fuel invoice files
- Maintains alphabetical file of all original invoices, by vendor, for fuel purchased within the state of ND to be used for state tax refund.
- Maintains file of copies of All paid fuel invoices to support federal fuel tax refund.
- Administrative duties
- Filing copying of invoices, request for payments and purchase orders.
- Checks FAA Testing logs for accuracy.
- Payment of Inventory Invoices
- Review incoming invoices for aviation inventory.
- Match invoices to appropriate reference document.
- Reconcile statements from vendors to insure timely payment of invoices.
- Note all available discounts and insure all are taken.
- Prepare request for payments for invoices.
- Maintains aviation student flight account
- Assists with aviation student flight accounts by adjusting AIMS when a deposit has been made at the UND business office; places students on “arrangement” prior to financial aid arriving.
- Explains flight charges to students and parents when necessary.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Perform tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Associates degree or equivalent in accounting, business admin, banking, finance, or related field.
- 2 years of experience with bookkeeping, inventory costing, or related area.
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Knowledge of UND Purchasing and Accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with UND Financial Aid/Student Accounting Service policies and procedures.
- Experience with UND Aerospace and AIMS program
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.