Hiring Department: Northern Plains UAS Test Site
Minimum Salary/Position Classification: $40,000 plus annually, full-time, benefited, non-exempt.
Benefits: Include single or family health care coverage (premiums paid by the University), basic life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central) on the closing date.
Position Details: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Administrative Secretary for the Northern Plains UAS Test Site (NP UAS TS) supports the day-to-day functions of the Director and staff. This position will be responsible for greeting guests and visitors, coordinating meetings and staff calendars, arranging frequent travel and conference registrations, maintaining inventory, and other daily administrative activities.
This position is key to presenting the image of the NP UAS TS. Public relation skills are necessary and the ability to interact with people at all levels is required. This includes the ability to maintain a calm, friendly, and professional attitude while under pressure as well as the ability to communicate well with the general public, government officials, industry leaders, faculty, students and staff during all possible situations. In addition, motivation, confidence, high attention to detail, and the ability to be a self-starter are critical components to meet the demands of this position.
- Answer phone calls, relay messages, transfer calls and follow up when needed. Professionally greet and welcome visitors and agency dignitaries, answer questions and/or direct them to appropriate staff. Handle package shipping, receiving mail and distribution to staff.
- Make and manage travel arrangements and reimbursements for department staff. Coordinate interagency and client meetings, and staff calendars. Set up conference room for meetings. Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and take and distribute minutes. Process purchase requisitions and invoices as required. Responsible for inventory monitoring and tracking of equipment. Assist with hiring student employees. Assist with meeting planning and social functions, attending when requested. Maintain inventory of supplies, materials, and fixed assets. Establish and maintain accurate office records.
- Purchase office supplies, equipment, and project purchase requests from department divisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meeting and Conference Planning:
- Assist with coordinating upcoming conference schedule. Assist with meeting planning and social functions, attending when requested. Assist with arranging and packaging booth materials and supplies. Aid in planning hosted events. Coordinate staff conference registrations and travel itineraries.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform without direct supervision. Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in a busy office setting.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of clients.
- As a UND employee, it is expected to treat one another and the public in a cordial, civil and respectful manner and at all times, practice the principles of honesty, respect, integrity and trust in order to respect the diversity of all peoples; communicate in a professional, positive and respectful manner; and exhibit ethical behavior.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years full-time administrative secretary experience. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Calendar. Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- 4 years administrative secretary experience. Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree. Experience with UND administrative, purchasing, and grants and contracts policies and procedures. Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Finance, and Perceptive Content. Technical document writing and proofing experience. Experience with budget development. Experience with interagency collaboration at the state and federal levels. Conference planning experience. Supervisory experience.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing, and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran's status and disability status on the form found at http:und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran's Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years' of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.