Liquor Sales Associate
Starting wage $12.50/hour. Part-time positions available doing retail sales work at the 2 City-owned off-sale stores including cashiering, stocking and merchandising.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Operates cash register, makes change, packages and may carry out heavy merchandise for customers, counts tills at end of shift.
- Assists customers in selecting merchandise; advises as to proper utilization; verifies age identification of customers; maintains surveillance for shoplifting prevention.
- Carries and stacks full cases of liquor, beer and wine; stocks shelves and coolers with merchandise; dusts and cleans shelves; prepares and maintains displays; assists in periodic inventory.
- Checks in incoming deliveries and rotates stock.
- Performs routine cleaning.
- May assist in training new personnel.
- May assist in certain tasks related to daily operations when Superintendent or Assistant Manager are absent.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- This position requires a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and retail work experience, preferably of a public contact nature.
- Some knowledge of the various brands and types of liquor and wines and working knowledge of liquor store stocking and sales techniques preferred.
- Ability to greet and service customers in an effective and courteous manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, liquor wholesalers and the general public.
- Skill in the operation of a cash register and adding machine. Ability to lift and carry heavy merchandise in restrictive working areas.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Click Apply by 4pm June 5th to be considered.