National Hospitality Services, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Accountant is responsible to maintain financial records for NHS including processing of check requests, payment of invoices, perform scanning and provide support to the Assistant Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete financial statements for assigned NHS properties.
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts.
- Care for daily report changes, corrections and verifications.
- Complete journal entries for assigned NHS properties.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Update and maintain data for NHS property dashboard.
- Process check requests, expense reports and vendor invoices for payment in a timely fashion while meeting all compliance and contractual obligations.
- Review for proper authorization of payment.
- Review invoices and expenses for accuracy including proper sales and tax computation as well as adherence to NHS expense/travel policy.
- Provide assistance and timely response to all questions from external payees and employees.
- Complete AP entry when needed.
- Provide accounting support for special projects as requested such as assisting with annual audits.
Required Skills and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- One year of accounting experience is required.
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting theories and practices.
- Knowledge of general corporate sales use laws.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business