LGC offers an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, along with holiday pay and PTO.
The Quality Engineer position is a multifunction role responsible for projects of variable scope and complexity working both within and outside the organization.
The role of the Quality Engineer is to evaluate existing processes, improve quality and consistency, and to help develop best practices within the production process and business systems. The Quality Engineer will support the maintenance of Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with ISO 9001 requirements. Assist in tracking, recording, and maintaining external, internal and supplier audits, corrective actions, quality metrics, management review, and other elements of the QMS. The role will also support the organization in continuous improvement and lean initiatives.
The Quality Engineer works closely with the Production team to pursue operational excellence through identifying, developing, and delivering innovative solutions directed to constantly improving process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards. This role will also occasionally interact with external customers and suppliers on technical issues as required.
- Process Metrics and Monitoring
- Quality systems development and support
- Inspection Subject Matter Expert
- Inspection support
- Product development team participation
- Document and Record Control
Minimum education qualification: AS + 7 years’ experience / BS + 3 years’ experience / MS in manufacturing engineering, process engineering, or quality control.
Preferred education qualifications: BS + 7+ years experience in manufacturing, process engineering, or quality
Experience and/or training:
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Practical hands on experience with process improvements using quality tools. Experience should include practical familiarity with basic lean concepts (standard work, 5S, Kanban systems, etc.).
- Must have ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications/requirements and use good judgment, with ability to analyze situation, etc.
- Ability to use measuring tools including callipers, micrometers, pin gauges, height gauges, radius gauges, protractors and dial indicators, etc.
- Must have excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills & be proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and/or other appropriate software.
- Experience with analysis tools (D-FMEA or P-FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), process capability assessment and development, error-proofing, six sigma, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt and experience providing training in Lean manufacturing process and techniques.
Click Apply Today for all the details and to be considered. EOE