The Cook is responsible for maintaining, setting up, food production and quality control of all food items prepared in the kitchen. Additional duties include inventory and ordering of all diner related items.
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipe/prep cards, and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product.
- Check and control the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Clean work area, equipment, storage and refrigeration areas. Involves bending, kneeling, and stretching to reach all areas in order to comply with health department regulations for sanitation and storage.
- Set up preparation of food items for production for the shift.
- Receive inventory and store food from vendors. This includes having the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push, goods weighing a maximum of 60 lbs. Read and verify quantity, weight, pricing and quality of the product received.
- Prepare and place orders for supplies and food items.
- Read and employ math skills to follow recipes for production of banquet and group meals as well as individual orders.
Click "apply" to apply online