Full Time EMT
I. FULL TIME EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN:
- The EMT is responsible for the performance of emergency care as outlined under the Emergency Services Provider License of the Town of Barnes Ambulance Department and its Medical Director and for the performance as a member of the Town of Barnes Fire Department.
- The EMT assists in the maintenance and repair of Town of Barnes Ambulance and Fire Department facilities and equipment.
- The EMT reports through the normal chain of command during Emergency response, and through Ambulance Director and Town Board in response to assigned daily activities.
II. MINIMUM PREREQUISITES:
- Full Time EMT B(asic)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hold a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license.
- Be licensed as a State of Wisconsin EMT
- Within 12 months of hiring successfully complete ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER CLASS
- Within 12 months hold State of Wisconsin certification as a Driver/Operator – Pumper
- Pass an Extensive background investigation, both criminal and personal as determined by the Fire Chief, Ambulance Director and the Town Board and/or their designee.