Highway Construction Inspector
This position exists to perform construction field inspection and materials testing; assist in the preparation of project development related documents, layouts and construction plans for design; and assist in the maintenance and operation of snow and ice control.
* Performs basic/routine technical computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) in accordance with CADD data standards to meet deadlines.
* Assists design leader in preparing plans in accordance with MnDOT standards so that plans are delivered in a timely manner.
Function: Contract Administration
* Obtains representative samples of bituminous, concrete, aggregate, grading and base materials and performs appropriate tests to ensure quality assurance.
* Performs the construction materials acceptance tests (such as gradations, density, air, beam, cylinder and slump) in the field as required to ensure quality of materials.
* Reads and interprets plans and specifications to ensure contractor compliance.
Function: Snow and Ice
* Maintains roadways for snow and ice control: removes snow from roadways and shoulders; opens and widens roadways of large accumulations of snow; removes snow from rights of way or yards; applies anti-icing and de-icing chemicals on stretches of highway under slippery conditions; removes frozen ice and material from culverts; and performs night or dawn patrols.
APPLY ONLINE BY AT:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 33342 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.