Research Data Analyst
Hiring Department: University Analytics and Planing, Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: Commensurate with experience; annual, full-time, benefitted, exempt staff position
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm; some Saturdays for recruitment/retention efforts; and as required to complete duties
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm (Central Time) on the closing date.
Qualified internal applicants will receive first consideration.
Position Summary: A complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Research Data Analysts will be primarily responsible for producing regular reports for internal and external constituents, fulfilling ad hoc data requests, and making regularly requested data available to end users on demand through interactive reports and dashboards. The Research Data Analyst provides direct customer service, interacting regularly with employees from a variety of academic and administrative areas at UND to clarify information needs and ensure a positive data-user experience. The Research Analyst will have the following job duties:
- Responding to internal and external ad hoc requests with accuracy and efficiency
- Supporting internal University constituents in survey best practices and dissemination of surveys
- Assisting with University-wide assessment (student learning; development, implementation, and annual reporting of program assessment; accreditation processes and data collection for accreditation needs).
- Assisting in maintaining the University Analytics and Planning web resources
- Professional Development
- Proven significant problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems as well as devise solutions.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must be able to listen well to others and be able to clearly explain data usage and reporting.
- Proven ability as a team player and collaborative in working with colleagues, operational staff, and with key decision makers.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- A self-starter with minimal supervision and demonstrated ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a strong focus on attention to detail in a highly analytical environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Social Sciences, Statistics, or 4 year degree from an accredited college/university with significant coursework in research methods and statistical anlysis
- Two years of responsible research, analysis, and report presentation experience, preferably in higher education.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and Word, or equivalent.
- Experience in extracting data from relational databases.
- Experience using SAS, SQL, R, or other reporting/data extraction software.
- Experience with data visualization development and use.
- Successful Completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Advanced degree in data analytics, social sciences, statistics, or related field.
- Five years of responsible research, analysis, and report presentation experience, preferably in higher education.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.