Heavy Equipment Diesel Service Technician
Overview: Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 14 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction industry, and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more.
Butler is looking for hardworking and dependable Diesel Technicians and Mechanics with a proven safety record. Butler offers clean, safe, state-of-the-art shops, ongoing training, exceptional benefits and long term growth potential.
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Perform maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on Caterpillar heavy construction equipment
- Complete service reports, timecards and order parts timely and accurately
- Work overtime as workload dictates
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Maintain training requirements for the position
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Work in other areas of shop as assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Two year associates degree in related field preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing personality
- Ability to assemble and disassemble components
- Troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment. CAT experience desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to meet insurability standards to drive a company vehicle