Customer Service Representative
Pregis LLC is a leading global provider of innovative protective packaging materials and systems. We design, develop and deliver packaging solutions for a wide variety of consumer and industrial market segments. Our products and systems can be found in virtually every industry and are supported by a comprehensive sales, customer service, technical service and distribution network.
Core Values: Integrity - Innovation - Customer Focus - Value Creation - Teamwork
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Sharp Packaging existing and potential customers. Managing each customer with a positive impression of self-confidence, courteous attitude and an understanding of the subject at hand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all customer service related activity including order entry for Poly and Stock Bags, respond to and document customer complaints, manage accounting & shipping advisements.
- Handles all inbound calls from customers on related customer service activity. Some calls may be rotated to the Inside Sales Specialist (ISS), Customer Service Manager (CSM) Corporate Services, Sales Manager (SM) or the Regional Sales Manager (RM) for additional service.
- Respond to customer's voice and emails within 24 hours from receipt of call through proper communications (i.e., telephone, fax, email, and conference call).
- Working in conjunction with the ISS, call customers on a regular basis to make sure they have enough inventory, or to see if they need to get anything ordered.
- Handle all administrative issues promptly in a professional matter and manage time effectively.
- Maintain category spread sheets in regards to machine and poly regional information, project tracking, customer contacts, quality issues and resolve, and any other data tracking deemed necessary by Company Policy.
- Gain Product knowledge through resources at Sharp Packaging System, LLC.
- Interface with Inside Sales Specialist (ISS), Customer Service Manager (CSM), Sales Manager (SM) and Regional Sales Manager (RM) on existing customers while utilizing relevant sales tools such as Sales History Report and Sybase.
- Liaison to Customer Service Manager (CSM), Sales Manager (SM), Regional Sales Managers (RM), Inside Sales Specialist (ISS), Corporate Services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned subject to reasonable accommodations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); two or more year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to effective present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and other individuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.