Assoc/Advanced Customer Care Professional - Finance/Annuity
- Do you have a passion in finances and to help others be wise with money?
- Do you exercise good judgement, provide creative solutions and embrace change?
- Do you take pride and ownership of the quality & quantity of work you deliver every day?
- Are you a quick learner and want to grow and develop?
- Do you value diverse perspectives and effectively contribute to an inclusive work environment?
If you answered yes to the questions above, begin making a difference in people's lives by becoming a Licensed Associate to an Advanced Customer Care Professional on the Annuity Interaction team at Thrivent Financial. Our licensed Customer Care Professionals deliver exceptional service and personalized support to help our members be wise with their money and inspire generosity by creating an enjoyable, easy service experience. At Thrivent, we recognize a diverse and versatile workforce helps us better reach and serve our members, customers and their communities. And, as a member-owned organization, we do what's best for our members, supporting the values of faith, family, stewardship and service.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Handles customer contacts in a prompt, efficient manner providing correct, thorough responses to needs and requests. Each and every member is treated as your main priority.
- Recognizes concerns and is dedicated to use resources and capturing necessary details to promote a positive resolution.
- Assist customers with their transactions accurately and efficiently. Consciously evaluates and proposes potential alternatives in situations where the customer's first request may not be available. Ability to identify the unspoken needs of the customer. Asks open-ended and clarifying questions to ensure mutual understanding of desired outcome.
- Seeks out opportunity and options of what "can be" done for the member. Removes "can't do" obstacles and uses business partners to find a positive solution.
- Actively builds upon business insight by learning at a high-level the different products Thrivent has to offer.
- Retains comprehensive knowledge of one of Thrivent's products and/or programs and can influence and guide members through education of current and future products.
- Contributes to long- and short-term organizational goals of engaging members and Financial Representatives productivity through the identification of service, support and retention opportunities.
- 2 to 4+ years customer service or financial services work experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-Secondary education preferred.
- FINRA SIE/Series 6 is required at the time of hire/transfer or within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrates a passion to serve others, compassion, and excellent customer service skills.
- Financial services, insurance, health, non-profit, membership based or related service industry experienced desired but not a requirement.
- Excellent phone demeanor, active listening skills, and the ability to engage others with a strong desire to handle multiple, high volume inbound calls every day.
- Ability to learn complex program and product knowledge.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills; critical thinking and analytic skills that provides timely solutions.
- Validated ability to hold self-accountable, get results and adapts well in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Communicates professionally, both verbal and written, in a clear, concise, and positive manner. Ability to establish rapport, form relationships and loyalty with a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Annuity, Insurance, health product knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Ability to multi-task with accessing and navigating multiple software applications in a Windows environment while talking to the customer on the phone via a headset at the same time.
- Ability to trouble shoot technology issues utilizing resources.
- Detailed oriented with proven data entry skills. Efficient with proficiency and accuracy in typing/keyboard is required.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite, primarily in Word, Excel, and Outlook is desired.
- Ability to work a full-time training schedule between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for 6 to 10 weeks with minimum to no time off needs.
- Once training has been completed, flexible to work a schedule between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, full time. Shifts will vary and may primarily be a later shift about 2 - 3 times a week.
- Desire and ability to work in a structured work environment (set schedule, lunch, and breaks) and abide by scheduling adherence guidelines.
- Proficient bi-lingual skills in Spanish/English, both verbal and written, a plus but not required.
In addition to connecting with Thrivent's members each day, along with Thrivent's core health and wellness benefits, you would be eligible to receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- Career Advancement - We have exciting, built-in advancement opportunities for our Customer Care Professionals. We take a hands-on approach to helping you develop your professional career with us.
- Up to 20 Days of Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 Hours of Volunteer Time Off
- 401(k) and Pension
- Paid training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cafeteria and employee discounts
- Employee Business Resource Groups
- On campus day care - Appleton, WI campus only
- Free onsite fitness center and Employee Health services - Appleton, WI campus only
Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.